Monday, March 5, 2012

so much time...


I am planning a new series of collage paintings... they will contain words, sayings and thoughts that have inspired me over the years, which I hope in turn will inspire you.  Here is a sneak peak of a few parts of my first one...

I have made a few decisions recently... as life seems to be racing by at the speed of light I am thinking about the things I really love doing and making more time to do these things.  Apart from spending time with family and friends I truly love to spend time painting.  So to do this I will have to give something up and I have decided to not do so many local markets.  I really love meeting customers face to face but it takes so much time and energy getting ready.  I worried after I had made the decision that it was the wrong thing to do {I actually freaked out a bit} but now I know it was the right choice.  I think I have been learning that it is important to listen and really hear what your inner voice is telling you.  That little voice knows stuff...


10 comments:

dd said...

Perfect,
Taking care of you is a great idea
I look forward to seeing your new collection.

danasparkle said...

markets are really hard work. i love the look of your new "glimpses". new beginnings are always tricky. listen to your intuition.
*

mette laumann said...

I love the art you make ;)
Mette

Anonymous said...

I love your paintings and keep wondering how your paint these lovely pieces of art. Have you ever thought about doing a tutorial of you painting process och maybe an e-course?

//Anne

glòria said...

Yes you should be looking after yourself and your girls. We'd love to see some of your new paintings / collages.

tangled sky studio said...

trusting yourself can be a challenge but in the end it always feels right. good for you for following your head and your heart to allow more time for creating and expressing what you have inside. i look forward to your new work and words of wisdom : )

softearthart said...

Going with what works best for you is the very best idea Katherine, may your journey be smooth, cheers Marie

Sandra van Doorn said...

Sounds like a wonderful, soulful project. i can't wait to see the work.

debfield said...

Sounds like a solid decision to me. Your art is great keep with it. Spend more time for you.

Markets are hard work and time
consuming. Frankly you are way past the Market Stage.

Go for IT!!!!"""

Love your blog and your work.
K
Olive in.print form.arrived in Canada yesterday, she is very charming and so petite. Next week we go to the city to visit the framer.

Deb F. Canada

earthen-magic said...

...may your creative muse find as much available time ~ for your heart's desires! ~ blessed be!...
...xXx...