Wednesday, December 29, 2010

it is probably best to look in both directions...

Some of my Christmas presents...


 DVDs... The Jane Austin book club, and a three pack
Books... Knit two Kate Jacobs, The Pact Jodi Picoult and Minding Frankie Maeve Binchey
A map thermo cup
perfume CKone
No 3 glass bottle {my favourite number}
A Moopie
bedside lamp
string dispenser with a place to put sissors {very handy for a girl like me}
babushka dolls
I also got a few other things, but they were in use at the time of this photo shoot... sandwich press grill thing, a beautiful mosaic plate that is piled with goodies and a herb chopper.


I am going to a friends place soon for a day of 'making'... so last night I got out my box of bits for making my new house pictures and added a few things... my 2011 diary which I have covered in red leather {top left... just a wee note here if I ever say left or right, it is probably best to look in both directions}  I think I might add some coloured end papers to my new diary {I can't stop picking this up and holding it in my hands, it feels and smells so lovely}, an old piece of work I found the other day that I might want to rework,  a creepy but cool moopie face that I haven't actually done anything with yet... but I like to look at it so will bring it along for a day out. Also some pages from old books and an old piece of paper that is handwritten in French text that I plan to use for houses.  When I bought the pages with French text from a shop in town  the lady said 'oh these are so lovely I have them displayed in a roll on my mantlepiece'... she then asked what I had in mind for mine, I said 'I am actually going to rip mine up'.  The look on her face was rather funny.

So at the end of today I plan to have a few more house pictures done and my red leather diary ready for the coming year.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that is all lovely jubbly! I have the Picoult and the Binchy book already and a book voucher. I will take a look at that Kate Jacobs book!
I love numbers in combos like 1111 and 444 and 333
I am so glad you are back blogging - I missed you!
Have a fun day of making!

Cambrils Art Total said...

Feliç any nou.

Lilie said...

I wish you a new good year.
Your blog is nice.
My english is not so good, sorry!

From Susan

Mel @ Wildflower said...

Oh didn't you do well with some lovely pressies?!
Can't wait to see what you use your french paper for - maybe you should take the finished work to show the shop assistant!

softearthart said...

Lovely gifts, cheers Marie

patty said...

Looks like a MERRY one!! Cheers and happy 2011. I'm so glad our paths have crossed!

Unknown said...

Oh I love Jane Austin, haven't read the other authors. Looks like you had a happy christmas. I plan to start journaling in 2011. Happy crafting with your friend, look forward to seeing more houses. :)
Here's to continued friendship and much happiness in the New Year!
Hugs to you #3
♥jenny

Nic Hohn said...

Sometimes its good to 'retreat' for a while and regenerate...I've been there a bit too of late.Loving your new paintings!