Friday, November 20, 2009

hope floats...

(hope floats)

I did a painting a while ago with a mother and child... well I had a few extra faces left over and I had a play with them last night, this is what I have come up with. When I started I kind of imagined her as being bird like with her little wings instead of arms, but I don't think she looks very aerodynamic without an arm to balance her? I am now thinking if people could fly they would need their arms (like superman). I might do a little series of these this week as I am feeling hopeful at the moment.

For any people out there that are close enough and are interested in dropping by the Ormlie Lodge Design Market, it will be on Sunday 29th 10am - 3pm, 17 Omarunui rd Taradale (next to the Napier golf Club). Will be good to see you there...

7 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Katherine,

I love your new painting (and the others) and I think you're right we would need our arms to fly. It's been over 6 months now since I stumbled onto your blog and I thought it was about time I told you how much I enjoy dropping in occasionally and seeing what you've been up to. Hello from across the ditch.
Helen

erin carver said...

She is lovely and I love the title! Would love to see a wee series of these. Your small originals for the market look gorgeous too, can't wait to see them Katherine - your stall is going to look fabulous! Looking forward to seeing you there. : )

Sascalia said...

She is super cute! Good luck with your stall. x

Diva Kreszl said...

a heads up, I've given you an award...check ou my blog!

Brenda said...

How adorable.

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

She's so cute! Love her. Wish I could come to the fair too. Maybe there'll be one when I swing by in March....x

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine,
This is my first time at your blog and I love it! I love the whimsical people, they are beautiful and so happy!
I love the name of your blog as well. My son wrote a song with the same name. So cool!
I am added myself to your followers list so we can find eachother again. It is so easy to forget around here isn't it?
So happy I found your blog.
Hugs, Darlene