Thursday, June 25, 2009

Talk is her passion...

potential title: (talk is her passion and her chief delight)


(I have no idea what this will be called as yet)


Two pieces that I have been working on this week, they are not quite finished yet... I just stuck their caps on last night and haven't really done anything with them yet, the bird on the second one needs a bit of tweaking and a few other things. I have quite enjoyed working on these this week, I had been planning to follow through with some more ideas on thoughts and speech and the person that commissioned these is a speech therapist so it came at just the right time. The fabric from the dress in the first picture reminds me of something I would have worn in the late 70's, like a pinafore or something.

The whole of New Zealand was waiting last night to see if they had won the biggest lottery prize ever... 36 million. I am sad to say it wasn't me, but it was fun to think what if... You know if I did win I think I would still come to work today, I would just be a jolly happy worker!

Anyway back to reality... thanks for all your comments and emails about messy studios, it seems I am quite normal. I have started relocating a few things into the vague places they belong with the intention of a proper sort out in a few weeks. It is just a matter of deciding what works best for me, and this seems to change as my work has changed over the last few years. I am not using some of the same materials I used a year ago so some of those things I can probably get rid of or swap.

Well it is a lovely sunny day here in the bay so I might just have to go outside and enjoy the rest of my coffee, I feel like talking to someone.

6 comments:

lilylovekin said...

That funny because I feel like talking to someone also and no one is answering their phones. When I get like this I feel rather lonely, but I know it will pass.

Carine b said...

They both are wonderful and i don't know if it's me but the green is new,no???Great i love the "acidyle" colours,it suits you well,like the spring..!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh my goodness! What a pleasure it is for me that you visited my blog so I could find yours! What very beautiful pieces you make! I've already added you to my Etsy favorites. Now I need add you to my blog links. I'll be back soon to soak up the rest!

marsha

Silke Powers said...

Oh my, your girls are just sooooo sweet! I love their looks - so innocent and so deep, like there is much going on under the surface... Wonderful!! Hugs, Silke

juliaD said...

Hi,
How about "loving words have wings"...
Yes, I know what you mean, I will always be concerned for my daughter even though she has just got married!, a Mother's worries never end...xx

Anonymous said...

Your artwork is adorable. I am definitely marking this blog for future reads. Just started out on etsy, and it is really nice to hear about others who are so sucessful on the site.