Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A swimming cap and a pair of wings



These girls with their swimming caps and wings have got me thinking and looking back during the weekend at the old me of 3 – 4 years ago. It makes me sad to think of myself then… I had a new baby, I was not very well etc… and I was pretty much sinking under it all. I could have done with a swimming cap and a pair of wings back then.

But things are different now, I am not usually one for change (to be honest I am not very good at it) but things have changed, or maybe I have changed… I am not sure but it is probably a bit of both. Babies change ever so quickly into little boys, little girls change into teenagers and doctors cut bad things out of you and make you feel better.

I think I am learning that no matter how bad things seem, over time they all work themselves out. My Mum often says to me we will be laughing about this in years to come. I just feel like giving that old me a big hug and telling her that I am certain things will be ok…


Five things I am certain about today…

1… There is nothing more certain then change in our lives.

2… It is going to rain all day.

3… I sold all four of my paintings at the Plunket exhibition!!! And there is also someone who is keen to buy another piece!

4… we are having chicken stir fry for tea with cashew nuts.

5… Tomorrow (Wednesday) I am listing four of these new original paintings in my Etsy shop...


As Silke commented in my last post, we all need a swimming cap and a pair of wings.

7 comments:

lilylovekin said...

Congratulations on selling your paintings. I can see why, your work is wonderful. thanks for the comments about change.Nothing stays the same. My life is really good right now, you remind me to not take it for granted.

tangled sky studio said...

Hi Katherine,
What a lovely post today. I believe change is the alternative to a life of "what ifs" and I'll take change over what if any day! stir fry sounds yummy and i send you a big high five across the miles on your sales!

cheers,
beth

Brenda said...

Great news about your paintings and the order for another. I love these, especially the maroon one with the wings. Nothing stays the same, we live and learn, hopefully moving forward - if we can look back and learn we are doing OK.

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Hey Katherine - Thank you for your comment on my blog - how did you find me? I love love love your paintings! They are so lovely. So now I'm your newest fan! I'm glad you liked Brighton; it is a lovely place to live. I have family in NZ and one day I plan to go over - it looks so beautiful in the pictures. Tara x

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

PS. I forgot to say how much I also love the name 'A Swimming Cap and a Pair of Wings'. I'm going to put it in my notebook. Are you going to make a print of it?x

Оksana said...

Congratulations!
I like you new painting specialy the first one!

Anne Michelle Johal said...

delicious delicious delicious, yummy colours and the words on the wings are so right, clever you.