Wednesday, September 3, 2008

owning the sky


When I was younger I always remembered that we seemed to 'own' a lot of sky... my father was a keen astronomer and I used to love it when he would get his telescope out. He would find the moon and we would see the craters, then he would find a planet, Saturn was my favorite... you could actually see the rings.

Sometimes we would get our beanbags and lie on them in the driveway on summer nights and watch the sky... waiting for shooting stars, or satellites to pass by.

5 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

beautiful memory and beautiful work...i especially like the wee bit of writing in the painting. your site reminds me how important it is to create memories with our children and how important the little things are to them....thanks. beth

Anonymous said...

what a lovely painting!

Carine b said...

Always beautiful....and thank you for your comments who really help me for working.

Danita said...

This is so beautiful! My husband also enjoys a lot looking at the sky with his telescope... I love watching the moon!

Anne Michelle Johal said...

Love the ideas you come up and and how you make it all work together to produce your art, truly delightful and inspiring.