Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What a day!!!

I had a bit of a day yesterday... I had to take my daughter to the hospital for an appointment and once we got a park I looked on the back seat for my bag. It wasn't there (it contains my life... my handbag, my workbook, my Etsy folder and my lunch) slowly the mornings events came back to me. I had left my precious bag on the driveway!!!

We got back in the car and drove all the way home... It had gone, I was soooo upset. I rang the police and canceled my bank cards etc... and rang the hospital as we were going to be a bit late for Hannah's appointment. They said it was fine they could still fit us in... we went back to the hospital and saw the doctor. Once I got to work I had a phone message, a kind neighbour had been checking his mail box and saw my bag on the footpath and picked it up and found my work number. Apparently when I backed the car out of the driveway I had dragged my bag with it . My precious bag had big scrape marks over the handles but otherwise it was ok and everything was intact. I was so very happy to see it, I bought the kind man a big box of chocolates.

In my workbook I had several pieces of art work in different stages of being finished. I really don't know what I would have done if I had lost it... so I am thinking of starting a work book blog just in case I have another brain malfunction and leave my bag in the driveway again.

4 comments:

Anne Michelle Johal said...

So happy that your day ended well and the kind man enjoyed chocolates. A workbook blog what a fascinating idea...I will enjoy seeing the developments....I hope your day today is so much better

Anne Michelle

NANCY LEFKO said...

so glad you got your bag back...

a big WHEW !!!!

Shawn said...

A good gracious that was a close one. What a good neighbor you have! Glad your day took a turn for the good.

terri said...

oooh, scary! glad your neighbor is eagle-eyed and lovely.